A cold cold day

A cold cold day

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Expendibles: Sept 09 2010

The Expendables

Yeah, I know I just wrote about the uber girlie chick flick Twilight, but I like to keep things different. I'm just that kinda girl! That's why I love The Expendibles. Like almost super loved it!!! It WAS everything I was hoping for and more! The horrible acting, awful line delivery, some fights, and for some reason a lot of comedy!! A-MAZ-ING!

Who knew that Jet Li was going to be my favourite??? with lines like “I'm short. I get shot, bigger hole” and “I get pay more, I'm shorter, I work harder” how can you not love him! OMG I am in love with him!!!

Oh, and Jason Statham was the strongest actor in the film?? And, even though he was wearing white pants for a big portion of the film, he was still the good looking one in the cast. Goodness knows it wasn't Stalone and his botoxed face and perma guyliner. Oh, and don't even get me started on his running!! He must have done like 4 intense running scenes, He needs to leave that to Tom Cruise. I say it out of Love Sylvester!

Another great thing about the movie was Steve Austin. I used to be a totally huge WWE fan, and it was Stone Cold who got me watching it. So it was kinda cool to see him be an actual complete dick!!! His fights were great, he speared the shite out of Stalone, but also I think has a sick sense of humour... I say this because I think I was the only one in the theatre that got a specific reference.

You may or may not remember when Austin was married he was accused of beating up his wife, and then he was accused of beating up the woman he dated after that. Well in the movie Eric Roberts Character says he isn't a bad guy, he would never hit a woman. But this guy (and he points to Austin) he's not so great (or something to that effect) and Austin nails her!! Yikes, and a few more yikes!!! It's kinda one of those weird moments, where, yeah, he plays a complete yeast infection, and that is what that person would do in real life. But on the other hand there are some real dumbasses out there that think violence against women is cool or funny, so let me say this, violence, to men or women is not cool, nor funny, and never necessary!! Imma give the movie credit here and say they did this to prove only true douchbags do that sort of thing.

My WTF for the film was Mickey Rouke, seriously, WTF!! I mean, yeah, he probably was better at acting than Jason Statham, but I stopped listening to him about 47 seconds into his monologue- I didn't want sappy, I wanted explosions!

I say the movie was everything I was hoping for, but that isn't exactly true. I was hoping for more explosions, and I was hoping for more fighting, but all in all, I do think that it was a great movie- mostly because of the comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment